Monday 12 January 2009

Ten Pin Bowling

Tonight I will try harder.

I bowl every Monday in a Ten Pin league with my Daughter Emily. She was recruited by me for my team in Northampton when some of my other players left and she did very well, winning a few trophies.

We now bowl together in a pairs league in Torquay. It goes without saying that I think I ought to score higher that Emily as I'm her dad, I have been playing longer than she has and I have a higher average, but just lately she keeps scoring higher than me. I can never work out why my game can vary from very good to very bad without warning, I have to put it down to lack of concentration, so tonight I will try harder.


Postscript:

Well I tried harder, scored slightly more than Emily and almost reached my average in one game but one of our opponents then went on to bowl his best score ever (242) so we lost again. Still, there's always next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment