Friday 30 January 2009

Close Encounters of the Furred Kind



Today, while visiting Paignton Zoo to collect Glynis (she's a zoo volunteer on a Friday), I went to see what animals I could photograph. This lion was quite close to the edge of the enclosure, which has a glass window as a viewing area, and I was waiting patiently for him to look at the camera, but he was more interested in the Lioness at the top of the Enclosure who was getting a fuss from the keeper.


After taking a few pictures of the lion, I turned my attention to the lioness, and was leaning on the glass window to minimise the reflections when I heard this thump and was conscious of two large paws and a big animal just the thickness of the glass away from me. I was so glad the glass is nice and thick, but after he backed off the whole area was covered in Red Mud from his enormous paws. Moral of Story, don't turn your back on a lion unless there's a barrier between you.


No comments:

Post a Comment