Wednesday 25 March 2009

The size of Parking Spaces

I had a brilliant idea today. Why don't I borrow a baby or toddler, then when I go shopping I can park in the parent and child parking spaces that have room each side for a pushchair. In fact I could take the mum as well then she could have the toddler back once we get there and I wouldn't have the worry of taking it round the supermarket.

Normal parking spaces are so narrow these days that I can hardly get out of the car if there is a car on each side and I am always worried that the adjacent car owner will accidentally hit my car with his door as he/she gets in, or clip the car as he/she reverses out of the space. I would shop at the supermarket with the widest parking spaces if there was one, but they all seen to work to the same dimensions, despite the fact that modern cars are getting wider each year.

As I can't find a toddler to borrow, I will continue with the current plan which is to park between two newer cars in the hope the owner will be more careful than the owner of an old car might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment