Tuesday 21 June 2016

Morrisons - Deliberate deception, incompetence or what?

Once again I find I have a problem with Morrisons pricing of products. Beer is normally found in the Beer section of the store, so when I find a rack of beer by the freezers with two labels on it stating that it is a pound a bottle I decide to buy a few as it looks like a genuine good price offer. However, once I get it home and check the till receipt I discover that they have charged £1.65 for 4 of the six bottles purchased.

As this is not the first time I have had problems with Morrisons product I decided to go back to the store to make sure I hadn't misread the prices. I took a picture of the rack of beer and the only price on it is £1 which is displayed in two places. I assume (wrongly it seems ) that all the beer on this rack is £1.

I asked Customer Services to call the manager and asked him to explain. He said someone had forgotten to put the correct prices on and agreed I could have the bottles I had purchased for £1 each instead of the £1.65 they had charged me. I did point out I had driven back from Marldon to get this sorted out but he offered no compensation for this.

I wonder how many other shoppers have done this but have possibly not noticed they have been charged £1.65 a bottle for anything off certain shelves of this rack? I may go back tomorrow to see if the beer has been priced correctly, if it hasn't I will take another photo and send it to the local trading standards office. I know these supermarkets are always looking to make more money, but not pricing goods clearly is not really a fair way to make their profits.

I would advise that when you shop at Morrisons you check your till receipts carefully to make sure you have not been overcharged for items.

Update 21/6/2016. Morrisons have put the missing labels on the shelf today, if you look closely enough you will see them on these pictures. I've highlighted the new labels to make them easier to spot!

see my previous blog on the subject in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment