Thursday 9 March 2017

Wickes on line delivery service

I used to live near the Wickes Store in Northampton and bought goods there quite often, but there is not a store in Torbay, the nearest is in Exeter. I discovered they have an on line ordering service so I decided to try it out.

All started well, Wickes sent a link to tracking info that said goods have been transferred from Northampton Depot to Exeter Depot and were out on lorry for Delivery on 7th March, between 8am and 6pm.

So I waited and waited but goods did not arrive at all.

On 7 March 2017 at 19:07, Bob @ email wrote:

Goods were due to arrive today but have not arrived, I have waited in all day, can you advise when goods will arrive?

Bob

As I had no reply to email by 9am on 8th March I phoned Customer services, but later that morning got this reply to my email :-

>On 8 Mar 2017, at 11:19, Home Delivery (homedelivery@wickes) wrote:

Good morning, 

I can see that your Radiator was delivered yesterday. 

Kind Regards, Fiona

Wickes Building Supplies LTD National Customer Service Centre.

On 8 March 2017 at 11:21, Bob Tame wrote: Not to me I'm afraid, and your customer service colleague says it wasn't delivered but is on the delivery round today.

This was Wickes next reply:

Good morning, 

Thank you for your email. As this was an online order if you need to chase this up further please contact 0330 123 4123. 

Kind Regards

Fiona

Wickes Building Supplies LTD National Customer Service Centre.

Fiona is obviously totally confused as to why goods weren't delivered, but her colleague that I spoke to by phone says Driver ran out of time and couldn't deliver. I'm pleased to report goods did arrive on the 8th at about 3:45pm, but a bit miffed that I waited in all day on 7th March for the delivery that never was.

Update: Goods were unpacked by my plumber who noted two dents and two scratches on radiator and broken plastic parts in fitting kit. Not wanting to waste plumber's time I agreed to fix radiator anyway, but I won't be buying from Wickes online again.

No comments:

Post a Comment