Monday 13 December 2010

Invincible Slippers

I hope no one has bought me slippers for Christmas or birthday this year as I recently obtained a pair from Clifford James. On their web site there was a choice of 27 different variety of slipper, so I had plenty of choice.

I decided that as I can be quite hard on slippers I’d try a pair of Clifford James's ‘Invincible’ slippers. We will see in time if they live up to their name. Being retired, I spend a reasonable amount of hours per week in slippers and, as I can be quite hard on them an ‘invincible’ pair sounds good. After a week and a bit I cannot see any signs of wear and they are still a good fit, which is a good sign. I noted one loose thread after a few days and cut it off but they haven’t fallen apart, and do not look as if they will.

They were delivered by courier in a brown cardboard box sealed with plastic, which was just as well as they were delivered in the rain.

I put them on and discovered they are quite a close fit, which is probably due to the newness of the wool lining and the fact I had thick socks on. I can wiggle my toes about and the width is just about right for my foot. As we have all wood floors in our house it can be quite chilly at floor level in winter and the wool lining is definitely keeping out the draughts nicely. They are also really good without socks and very warm due to the wool lining.

The top and the sole are made of “other materials” the top has a soft leathery finish and the sole appears to be rubber.

I have been outside in them and they appear to be water resistant, which is good as I often go outside in my slippers. I don’t like having to change into shoes several times a day before I venture into the garden to put out rubbish etc. (postscript- I unfortunately walked mud back in with me, however holding the slipper under the cold tap soon washed it off.)

I like slippers with a back, otherwise they fall off at inappropriate moments, usually when I’m half way up the ladder into the loft. The back on these slippers seems quite solid and at the moment is holding the slipper on well. I've been up and down to the loft several times, getting down the Christmas decorations.

They are keeping my feet warm as well, despite the extreme cold weather we’ve been having, I shall be interested to see how I do in warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment