Monday 22 November 2010

Motorways

Driving home last night down the M5 from Wolverhampton to Devon, I thought wouldn’t it be useful if I had a big sponge (about 12 foot by 5 foot) attached to the nearside of my car, so I could gently ease people back into the inside lane when it was free. I get very annoyed when I come up behind people doing 65 mph or less in the middle lane when there is nothing in sight in the inside lane, forcing me to use lane three for overtaking. The highway code says you should keep to the left lane except when overtaking. They effectively convert a three lane road into a two lane road.

If I was a police driver I’d be inclined to pull them over and caution them for driving without due care and attention. After all, if they were paying attention they would have moved back to the nearside lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment