Thursday 26 January 2012

Specsavers

Having unfortunately broken or lost all my spectacles I had to go to Specsavers to order some new ones. Us oldies are entitled to a free eye test but only once every two years (otherwise when we were bored we'd go into a different opticians every week for a test, just to pass the time.) As you would expect, there are a range of different prices but there are also a range of different offers which is so complex that you need a degree in applied mathematics to work out the best one. In the end I decided to be guided by the assistant, so I hope she's on my side and not Specsavers. I was unaware that the old pair, pictured above, were lost and broken, until a kind gent from Brixham rang my mobile to tell me he'd found them, in the road near the sea front, where I had been taking photographs earlier. He advised they had been run over and were no longer servicable, but at least I got them back to see for myself. I always put my phone number in my Spec. case in the hope that when (not if) I leave them somewhere someone will let me know where they are. I'm still waiting for the call about the ones I lost in Newcastle on Tyne last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment